Sunday, January 6, 2013

Supper Jan 6-10, 2013

From the time that I got married some 6 years ago I've been planning my suppers in advance by the week.  It just made things easier to know what was going to be for supper as opposed to having a panic attack after work.  The one shopping trip per week was a good plus too!  After I had children I've been on and off about my menu planning, but right now I'm back on it.  When I don't plan, we don't have the greatest suppers.  When I plan, that leaves me room to try new ideas... which I love!  So here's my menu for this week.  Be forewarned: this is not my usual supper menu.  This week is devoted to cleaning out my fridge/freezer and using up whatever I have in the house.  We all need one of those weeks every now and then ;)

Sunday, January 6th: 
Leftovers from Shabbos (chicken soup, deli roll, potato kugel, baked rice)

Monday, January 7th: 
Chicken Nuggets (The frozen ones from my early pregnancy days.  Gotta' use them up!)
Savory Baked Potatoes
Corn on the Cob

Tuesday, January 8th:
Cream of Celery Soup
Macaroni and Cheese

Wednesday, January 9th:
Cream of Squash Soup
Beef & Broccoli (from my freezer)
Rice

Thursday, January 10th:
Special treat for the kids ~ hot dogs from 7-Eleven (We're lucky the Mr. is the hot dog man so my kids get treats every now and then.)

And there you have it!  Hopefully as time goes on all these recipes will be up on my blog so you can reference them.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good idea, can't wait for the recipes! Good luck on cleaning out that fridge :)

    ReplyDelete